Role: Consulting Director
Organisation: B2B Marketing Consultancy
Location: USA, remote or office based
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 base plus bonus
The consulting team has been a vital part of Momentum's success over the last ten years. The consulting team here is very different to many agencies. We're at the forefront of our engagement with clients, leading the interactions, shaping programs and making recommendations. We have to be on the front foot all the time. We are known as the pioneers of ABM and have a deep understanding of the global top 2k.
Clients look to you as a Consulting Director for leadership and guidance. There's plenty of support in place but it's no exaggeration to say the buck really stops with you.
In one word, your aim is to be brilliant. That will naturally involve most of the following personal attributes: organised, persuasive, authoritative, expert. It goes without saying you are entrepreneurial, adaptable, can think on your feet and always deliver. Ideally you are already working within an agency, marketing or consultancy environment.
Role Responsibilities / ABOUT YOU
- Demonstrate understanding of the client's business
- Engage senior client stakeholders (outside marketing) with authority
- Win the confidence of the client's marketing team through your wisdom and expertise – ideally up to and including the CMO
- Simplify and streamline complexity and make it actionable
- Stay several steps ahead of the client / ability to work at a fast pace
- Design and build persuasive programs that deliver good outcomes
- Have an understanding of how to sell Enterprise tech
- Understand / have an interest in B2B / ABM & account based engagement
- Can run messaging, value props, engagement plans
The most important KPIs are linked to client retention and growth. The KPIs will differ according to the context of each client but will typically include:
- The client is positive about the experience of working with you and Momentum (whether through anecdotal feedback or more formal on CSAT surveys)
- The client stays loyal to Momentum
- The client increases their spend
- The client recommends to colleagues us for new programs in other parts of their business
- The client becomes an advocate, inside their business and outside
Another important KPI is that, overall, consulting drives an increasing proportion of Momentum’s revenue.
Momentum is a global growth consultancy and pioneers of account-based marketing (ABM). Our purpose is to help everyone win. That means enabling our people and clients, members to grow their opportunities, capabilities, relationships and success. We believe that by doing the right thing in the right way, we can deliver exceptional results for all.
We want to give everyone here the opportunities, strong culture and industry-leading capabilities needed to succeed. By doing that, we increase the impact we can achieve together for our clients and their customers. In turn, that drives the company forward. Put simply, we’re about helping each other grow and thrive – today and tomorrow.
Each of us devotes precious time and energy to work. When we feel able to truly express who we are and learn through experience, life at work can be inspiring and fulfilling. And when that happens, we grow and thrive as a business and as people. Everyone wins. So, we aim to:
- Create relationships with world-class clients, so we get to make a real difference by working on critical projects for high-profile brands
- Foster a supportive and inclusive culture, so we feel supported and able to express ourselves at work
- Give everyone access to world-leading capabilities – tools, training, knowledge and community – so we each have what’s needed to make an impact
- From this platform, we can each grow our experience, expertise and confidence and get to do more, learn more and achieve more.
At Momentum we’re proud to uphold a culture of transparency. All of us are empowered to speak up and be curious without fear of doing so. As a result, we’ve formed a companywide sense of security and trust, which in turn fosters an easy-going and relaxed working environment. Basically, we take the job seriously but not ourselves. The work that we do isn’t easy and we are relentless in our pursuit to deliver outstanding work for our clients without ever compromising on quality. Our collective open nature and creative outlook ensures that we’re kept energised and intellectually challenged along the way whilst having a generally great time at work. Lifelong friendships have been formed and some of the best memories we’ve made have been through celebrating wins together.
Benefits & Perks
- Best Companies List and Flexa Accredited
- 16 days paid leave (vacation and sickness) plus public holidays
- 3 bonus days off at Christmas
- Flexible working (hours to suit you, choose home or office with no mandates)
- Company bonus scheme (up to 10% of salary)
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision cover
- Enhanced parental leave
- 401k plan
- Personal training budget for your development
- Incredible culture club, regular socials and a dedicated ESG committee
- “Pimp My Home Office” budget of which is yours to keep
- Big focus on professional development and progression via quarterly reviews
- CoE (internal training program, “Centre of Excellence”)
We are an equal opportunities employer and no applicant or employee will ever receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.